The London Calling show at the Zoo last week (June 7) was AMAZING, and I’d like to thank the following people:
- Joc, Dom and Will at the Zoo. Always so wonderful to me, thanks for the opportunity and support.
- The artists who allowed me to show off their artworks from 2010 once again!
- Patience Hodgson my darling heart MC – you are a beautiful friend, thank you for your help and being there on this Spare Parts adventure!!
- The bands – The Good Ship, Danny Widdicombe, and Tylea. Three of my favourite artists ever, all in one night. Yipee!!
- Gary Fludder the comedian! Thanks for jumping in at the last minute and helping me out! Much appreciated!
- Kylie Challenor who sold a million raffle tickets in advance of the show, and for manning the merch desk with Lisa Buggy on the night – thanks ladies! Sorry to work you to the bone like that!
- Greg Dux for doing lights for the bands (Greg also did the lights at my foot farewell party in 2005!)
- Krystie McGreggor for doing sound for the bands!
- Martine Cotton and Christian Cole for taking so many great photos!
- Giles Kilham for painting the legz for the night!
- Nitzy Zagami for baking gorgeous cupcakes for the rider – they were devoured with love and appreciation!!
- Todd Hansson from Plazma Design for designing the poster.
- Mark Jackman from Flash Photobition for printing all of the posters and flyers for me – thank you Mark!
- Martin Raynor for helping me on the day – running around like a mad hatter collecting all and sundry for me. Thank you Marts!!
- Dan from Red Octopus who made such awesome Spare Parts t-shirts for me to sell!!
- Derek from Production Dungeon for lending us equipment!
- All of the following people and organisations that donated towards the raffle packs, in no particular order:
* Darren from Soundwave
* Fleur from Beserk Clothing
* Nadine from Rokstar
* Jana from Sirromet
* Jess from the Tivoli
* Erk (aka Erica Gray)
* Peter from GoMA
* Masayo from dogstar
* Craig from Hutch Bistro
* Mia and Jamie from The Junk Bar
* Briellen Baker
* Rachael from Secret Service Artist Management
* Marlise from the Brisbane Powerhouse
* Joc from the Zoo
- Thanks to everyone who also sold raffle tickets to their friends and family in advance – Kylie C, Kylie L, Isabel, Kath, Becky, Lisa, Pippa, Rachel, Jamie – you are all awesome!!!
- Thanks to Masayo from dogstar for making me such a gorgeous outfit to wear!
- Thanks to all of the media – newspapers, radio, online and social media who have helped promote the night!
- Thanks to my Mum for coming to Brisbane to help me. I love you Maz!
And a big, full of love and joy, thank you to everyone who attended and bought raffle tickets, especially my friend Peta who came from Mackay for the night and I didn’t get to hang out with much at all!
If I have forgotten you I am very sorry!!!! Please don’t hate me!
I really appreciate everyone’s support. I am well on my way to making my fundraising target, hurrah! You have helped make Spare Parts London into the exhibition that it deserves to be!
Next stop – dogtar Market Day on Sunday 17th June! See you there!!!!